Thread: Need a Mechanic Around Hillsborough

Default Need a Mechanic Around Hillsborough

I recently picked up a 1996 Eclipse GSX that needs some work (mainly front suspension) and a once over from someone experienced with these cars.. I'm wanting to see if anyone has a go to mechanic or would be willing to do the work for cash? Also, I am looking for some parts; full stock exhaust and a driver door panel in gray. Thanks!

I'm in Hamburg and can help you out for cash. Can you get the car to my garage?
    98 TSi AWD

Hey, I have it running and driving alright. I have been able to take care of the majority of the suspension work in the past couple weeks with friends. I will need someone to do the timing belt, and maybe some transmission work (currently will pop out of first gear sometime) as well as some general troubleshooting (hard cold start, sometimes get idle surge, etc). Not sure if you're interested in any of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    Hey, I have it running and driving alright. I have been able to take care of the majority of the suspension work in the past couple weeks with friends. I will need someone to do the timing belt, and maybe some transmission work (currently will pop out of first gear sometime) as well as some general troubleshooting (hard cold start, sometimes get idle surge, etc). Not sure if you're interested in any of that.
    Transmission needs a rebuild. After taking my own apart, I don't really care to do it again.

I sure am. Shoot me a PM and I'll give you my number.
    98 TSi AWD

Always cheaper and easier to take out your trans then bring or ship it to a shop.

BigT, I tried sending over a PM twice, and it doesn't show in my sent items. Can you try sending me one, if not I will just add my number on this thread. Thanks!

Sent ya a text.
    98 TSi AWD